vrijdag 29 augustus 2014

Western Mainstream Media Propaganda 2

This is Eric Zuesse. I send virtually every one of my articles to all major English-language 'news' media, including The New York Times, Washington Post, New York Review of Books, London Review of Books, Guardian, Independent, New Statesman, Nation, Progressive, Harper's, Atlantic, National Review, American Prospect, Mother Jones, Fair, Media Matters, Foreign Policy, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, Huffington Post, Salon, Slate, Alternet, CommonDreams, Truthout, Truthdig, Consortium News, Nakedcapitalism, Dailykos, Raw Story, Drudge, AP, Bloomberg, and on and on. Some 'news' editors have obliquely indicated to me that if they posted my pieces they could lose their jobs. The impression I'm getting is that 99.9% of the owners ("publishers") just don't want their audience to know the bigger picture, how things actually fit together; they don't want their audience to understand (or at least not accurately) what's happening. 

Some owners have been plain nasty to me. None has ever explained why. Perhaps even some small media have been blackballed for offending some business-associate. I just don't know what's behind this. But some news-editors have indicated to me that they greatly respect my work but (for unnamed reasons) cannot publish it -- and they don't publish it, though I keep them on my distribution-list. If, for any one of my articles, you want to find out which media do want their audience to understand what's happening and why (and I consider them the best news-media), maybe just google that headline with quotation-marks around it, and, for that piece at least, you will know. Generally speaking, the only sites that are publishing anything from me on Ukraine (the most prohibited of all news-topics, it seems to me) are: Rinf, Washingtonsblog, Pontiac Tribune, OpEdNews, Smirking Chimp, Global Research, Informationclearinghouse, InfoWars, and Blacklistednews. In addition, I have myself started UkraineWar.Info but haven't yet gotten to posting to it every Ukraine article that I do; I haven't yet gotten around to putting my own site onto my general distribution list (there, meaning to post onto it myself every article I do). But I've gotten some other terrific UkraineWar journalists to post theirs. It's just starting.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/editorials/50000-u-s-backed-troops-fighting-ukraines-civil-war/

http://www.opednews.com/author/author85251.html

https://twitter.com/EricZuesse







Geen opmerkingen:

Peter Flik en Chuck Berry-Promised Land

mijn unieke collega Peter Flik, die de vrijzinnig protestantse radio omroep de VPRO maakte is niet meer. ik koester duizenden herinneringen ...