maandag 18 december 2006

The Empire 95


Christelijke fundamentalisten in het Pentagon die het Amerikaanse militair beleid in de wereld bepalen.

'Military Christianists: America #3 on their Loyalty list
This is not a joke. The Pentagon has been infiltrated by the Roy Moore wing of the Republican party—or the Christianists. How many of you have ever heard of the Christian Embassy? I've talked about the Evangelical Right and the Air Force many times before, but this video is truly disturbing. I'm not against religion at all, but not in this context. Lambert brought this story and video to my attention.

Washington Post:
A military watchdog group is asking the Defense Department to investigate whether seven Army and Air Force officers violated regulations by appearing in uniform in a promotional video for an evangelical Christian organization. In the video, much of which was filmed inside the Pentagon, four generals and three colonels praise the Christian Embassy, a group that evangelizes among military leaders, politicians and diplomats in Washington. Some of the officers describe their efforts to spread their faith within the military.
Correntewire: Military Christianists use uniform to proselytize, admit putting loyalty to country third on the list
I found a wonderful opportunity as a director on the joint staff, as I meet the people that come into my directorate,” Air Force Maj. Gen. Jack J. Catton Jr. says in the video. “And I tell them right up front who Jack Catton is, and I start with the fact that I’m an old-fashioned American, and my first priority is [1] my faith in God, then [2] my family and then [3] country. I share my faith because it describes who I am.” {brackets added for emphasis}
Right. But I don’t want to hear you describe yourself, or your faith, General, and you shouldn’t be using my tax dollars to impose your beliefs…

Zie: Military Christianists: America #3 on their Loyalty list

Geen opmerkingen:

Peter Flik en Chuck Berry-Promised Land

mijn unieke collega Peter Flik, die de vrijzinnig protestantse radio omroep de VPRO maakte is niet meer. ik koester duizenden herinneringen ...