dinsdag 4 juli 2006

De Pro Israel Lobby 15

Name:Laila El-Haddad
Location:Gaza City, Occupied Gaza Strip, Palestinian Territory
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.

Gevlucht voor het Israelisch geweld schrijft ze vanuit de Verenigde Staten in haar weblog:

'Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Support ethnic cleansing for only $150!
Been extremely busy with my most recent move down South, unpacking and all that entails, amidst a flurry of radio interviews across various public station throughout he country (in one local station, I was barraged with callers who kept referring to me as part of the "so-called" Palestinian people...). Amidst all that, I continue to call back home with great concern; family and friends have been without electricty for going on a week; they receive a few hours of electricity a day, sometimes not at all, from the government's generators. Some, like my Aunt and my cousin's wife, use that time to recharge their laptops and blog about what's happening here and here (the latter started as a family blog, but has evolved, according to the author, who is my friend and relative, into something of a war journal). The food in the fridges has rotted, and many stores have shut down. Check out my Aunt's blog for a particularly chilling account of the terrorizing sonic boom attacks. So anyway, amidst this al, I'm getting very little sleep thinking of what's going on back home. so in my restlessness, I'm flipping through the television channels-and realize we have free cable, probably left over form the previosu tenants. I don't usually watch much TV, or at least try not to here, because the substance-or lack thereof-is so deprssing to me. Then lo and behold, I come across a channel, some sort of religous channel, speaking about the historical persecution of Jews; it talks about the bravery of Schindler in rescuing many Jews and the gratitude they showed; then, the man goes on to tell the audience that they too can be as brave as Schindler; that for the trivial sum of $150 they can "save" a "persecuted Jew" in Russia, and all over the world, and bring them to Israel; his heartfealt call is followed by an encouraging statement from Christian Zionist preachers, "God's plan is unfolding in our lifetime, and you can be a part of it! Bring the children of Israle back to the Promised Land!". Uh huh.Now, I wonderd, does this grand plan entail the displacement and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians? hmm. Maybe they should include that in the small print.' Zie:
http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/

Geen opmerkingen:

Kicking Cats in the Holy Land

  Plaatsen Nieuwe posts bekijken Gesprek Sulaiman Ahmed @ShaykhSulaiman ZIONIST CHILDREN KICKING CATS 0:02 / 0:05 8:29 p.m. · 19 apr. 2024 ·...